Sunday, August 24, 2008

ECLECTIC COMPUTER

SIGN OF THE TIMES:
A young couple selling their four little black puppies in front of the Kroger (grocery) store.

DO THE GIRLS ALL GET PRETTIER AT CLOSING TIME?
Sounds like the makings of a good ole country music song. As a matter of fact, it is. (MICKEY GILLEY)
Case in point: As I was preparing to leave the pet food section of the local Wal-Mart Super Center I set my eyes on a beautiful damsel: Well-dressed, curvy and immaculately made-up. And another, and still another. Not the usual ladies I have seen at Sam Walton's emporium.
Seems to me that since the economy has gone "south", they have chosen to bypass Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom's and Lord & Taylor for less expensive digs.

WAKE UP CALL!
One of my daily ablushions is to get up in the morning and splash cold water on my face. And there is nothing better than doing this up north.
On our recent trips to Canada, Michigan, New York and Illinois I did exactly that---splashed that ice cold water on my face. WOW!
Living in Texas it's not the same; faucet water is shower warm.
Why so? The water pipes in the northern tier of states is buried far below the frost line to protect them from freezing and so they remain ice cold. Whereas in the south, the water lines are a few inches below the surface.
Best wake up splash: The well water from deep below Tim Linn Lake near Rhinelander, Wisconsin.

DIS AND DAT
I wondered why one of our neighbors was sprinkling little white balls on her lawn. She told me they were moth balls...and they would keep the dogs from "pooping" on her grass. (Now they move on to the neighbors turf)

NO MORE BOOKS, PLEASE
Ah for the good old days when Ma Bell had a monopoly on phone service...and phone books. We must have a dozen of those directories in our kitchen cabinet. That is a lot of trees.

1 Comments:

At 12:41 AM CDT, Blogger Jerry550 said...

Max,

You consider roughing it, a shack in Wisconsin with no electricity or running water. To me, roughing it is a dial up connection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home